If you want your “dream baby,” do not adopt or foster a child: buy a cat and make-believe. Adopting an orphan isn’t ordering a consumer item or buying a pet. Such a mindset hurts the child, and countless other children and families. Adoption is about taking on risk as cross-bearing love. – Dr. Russell Moore
This is an article you should read in its entirety
In case you have been living under a rock or with your head in the sand, I’ll let you in on a secret – your rights as a parent are quietly being threatened. The stakes could NOT be higher. At risk is your right to raise your children as you see fit. Take a look:
For more information on how you can get involved click here.
Thanks to Dan Phillips @ Biblical Christianity for the heads up.
2. God and the Holy Spirit (cont.)
3. In this divine and infinite Being there are three subsistences, the Father, the Word or Son, and the Holy Spirit. All are one in substance, power, and eternity; each having the whole divine essence, yet this essence being undivided.
The Father was not derived from any other being; He was neither brought into being by, nor did He issue from any other being.
– The Son is eternally begotten of the Father.
– The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.
– All three are infinite, without beginning, and are therefore only one God, Who is not to be divided in nature and being, but distinguished by several peculiar relative properties, and also their personal relations.
– This doctrine of the Trinity is the foundation of all our communion with God, and our comfortable dependence on Him.
(1 John 5:7; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Exodus 3:14; John 14:11; 1 Corinthians 8:6; John 1:14,18; John 15:26; Galatians 4:6)
It can be deafening. It can be so palatable that it has its own persona and
presence. It can cause fear. It can bring solace. Silence is an interesting
thing, sometimes we can’t stand it, others we crave it like water in the desert.
Some of you may have wondered where I have been. (Or some of you may be thankful
I have been quiet!) Things around the Pauper’s hovel have been kinda tough
lately. You see the Missus has been on bed-rest for almost a month now as we try
and protect the little one on the way. Needless to say this has made a profound
impact on our household. I have struggled to keep up with all of the needs of
our household much less keep posting here on a regular schedule. So I hope the
faithful few of you who check up on us here will forgive a bit of “sporadic”
with a heavy dose of “by the seat of our pants.” We would also appreciate your
prayers for Mrs. Pauper and our Daughter on the way.
Thanks again for your understanding. I just thought you might like to know the
reason for the silence.
2. God and the Holy Spirit (cont.)
2. God, having all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and from Himself, is unique in being all- sufficient, both in Himself and to Himself, not standing in need of any creature which He has made, nor deriving any glory from such.
– On the contrary, it is God Who manifests His own glory in them, through them, to them and upon them. He is the only fountain of all being; from Whom, through Whom, and to Whom all things exist and move.
– He has completely sovereign dominion over all creatures, to do through them, for them, or to them whatever He pleases.
– In His sight all things are open and manifest; His knowledge is infinite, infallible, and not dependant on the creature.
– Therefore, nothing is for Him contingent or uncertain.
– He is most holy in all His counsels, in all His works, and in all His commands.
– To Him is due from angels and men whatever worship, service, or obedience, they owe as creatures to the Creator, and whatever else He is pleased to require from them.
(John 5:26; Psalms 148:13; Psalms 119:68; Job 22:2, 3; Romans 11:34-36; Daniel 4:25, 34, 35; Hebrews 4:13; Ezekiel 11:5; Acts 15:18; Psalms 145:17; Revelation 5:12-14)